Turning Point Centers’ Intensive Outpatient Program is dedicated to serving individuals, and their families, who are struggling with drug and alcohol dependencies along with other addictive behaviors. Although we do encourage individuals to seek outside support, we are not a traditional 12 -step program. We utilize evidence based treatment modalities with a focus on cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). This approach helps individuals, and their families, to identify and challenge irrational thinking and beliefs while learning and implementing healthy coping skills.
At Turning Point Centers’ we offer more than just a continuation of care for those who have completed residential treatment. We provide care to those who are able to stay sober while remaining in a less restrictive environment. Since virtually all addictions, chemical or otherwise, are rooted in some form of co-occurring psychological disorder, it takes time and supportive therapy to assist healing and personal growth. Our outpatient program provides that supportive therapy with some of Utah’s finest drug and alcohol treatment professionals. These professionals provide in depth assessments and individualized treatment planning that is tailored to the needs of each individual. Attendance tracking and weekly drug and alcohol testing are implemented as means to hold individuals accountable in their recovery. Upon completion of the program individuals are presented with a graduation certificate and are then qualified for our aftercare program, which consist of a life time of support through weekly meetings.
OUR INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- 8 weeks long program consists of 12+ hours of educational and group therapy sessions per week along with a total of 8 one-on-one sessions!
- Since virtually all addictions are rooted in some form of co-occurring psychological disorder, a support base extends out several months after initial consultation.
- Patients can maintain contact with any of our staff and are equipped with mental tools given by some of the finest professionals in the industry.
- Sessions are provided to aid the recovering drug or alcohol addict while also giving time to take care of life’s daily tasks and duties. Upon intake into the program, each clients needs are assessed to help develop their individual treatment plan.
AREAS OF INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT EDUCATION INCLUDES:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Understanding the Addictive Brain
- Stages of Change and Phases of Recovery
- How to Recognize, Confront and Handle Triggers
- Relapse Prevention
- Sober Schedule Planning
- How to Have Sober Fun
- Life Skills
- Communication Skills
- Establishing Healthy Boundaries
- Coping with Trauma, Greif and Loss
- Stress Management
- Relaxation and Meditation Techniques